VNIIA is the premier ROSATOM organization in implementing the CTBT and is currently performing a cluster of research activities:
- provides scientific methodological support and develops hardware and software solutions to ensure the CTBT OSI activities, carries out a comprehensive assessment and foresee of technical abilities within the verification regime for compliance with the CTBT, analyzes the effectiveness of control means and the level of information of IDC data;
- participates in the analysis of events, indicating possible non-compliance with the Treaty by States Parties; gathers geophysical and radionuclide data based on IDC products;
-improves the information and analytical system in order to use it in the applied research for the activities of Rosatom within the CTBT verification regime;
- explores and refines capacities of complex-analytic techniques usage in determination the nature of the suspicious event with IMS data;
- develops and implements modernization of the E-Training System Software for training of surrogate inspectors in OSI methods and procedures;
- develops short-period vertical and three-component broadband seismic receivers for seismic monitoring systems;
- develops a microbarometer for infrasound monitoring systems;
- VNIIA specialists proceed with the preparations for certification of NG monitoring equipment of domestic development–Xenon Isotopes Monitoring System (MIKS).
VNIIA is the leading organization of the "Rosatom" regard to the CTBT regime.VNIIA strives to develop scientific research and international cooperation that can serve national needs, achieve political objectives in support of the CTBT.